Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Touring cranks but will not start. I…

Customer Question
My 2008 Chrysler 300...

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Touring cranks but will not start. I get the following codes:

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

P0340,P0562,C2100,C121C

Mechanic's Assistant: Huh?

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Touring cranks but will not start. I get the following codes:P0340,P0562,C2100,C121C

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes, I just replaced the fuel pump 15 minutes ago, and it still will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

I've replace the cam sensors and fuel pump already

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/16/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 2 years ago
Reggie Whiddon

Hello Im Reggie i see you put a new cam sensor in, have you pulled the cover to verify that the engine has not jumped time? I know the code reads as a bad cam sensor, but in 99 of 100 the engine is out of time

No, I haven't pull the cover yet.
At first, I couldn't here the fuel pump engage, so I replaced the fuel pump. I hear it engage now. Is it possible that there is air in the fuel lines, sene I replaced the pump?
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 2 years ago

No sir it wouldnt be air. Let me ask you when you spin the motor over does it sound funny to you kinda like its spinning to fast or free?

No, it sound as if it want to start, but not getting enough gas. This is also with a jump off also.
I forgot to mention, it is 7 degrees here to.
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 2 years ago

whew thats cold. Well I will tell you this i have worked on these cars, in my sleep it seems sometimes. I will save you alot of trouble pull the cover your going to be out of time. It is not a bad job to put a timing belt on. Let me know what you find.