Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Left the lights on last night. battery died. when we tried…

Customer Question
Left the lights on...

Left the lights on last night. battery died. when we tried to jump it, the alarm goes off. lights don't dim, and the car doesn't do anything except for the alarm blaring

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

That's all I know

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

If possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?

Unsure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/16/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

No vehicle information was posted with the question but any Chrysler product is going to require the alarm be disarmed after the battery is reconnected or charged. Pressing the unlock button on a key fob is the easiest way, most older vehicles also had disarm switches in the doors and unlocking them manually with the key would disarm it.