Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am having the same problem with my Chrysler 200s 2011. I…

Customer Question
I am having the...

I am having the same problem with my Chrysler 200s 2011. I have read of at least 5 other accounts of this and been told the same, heating core and radiator need to be fixed. Problem is that I am over the warantee

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

No absolutely not. I'm bringing it in today and they told me that it if this problem is confirmed that there may be a chance to appeal the warranty and get everything fixed, but no guarantees. I'm extremely concerned. All estimates note this at a huge cost and if it seems to be such a widespread problem I see no reason why it shouldn't be covered. The accounts I've read have a huge difference in both age and mileage of the car. I want to get this fixed and find out how I can get this covered, even if only partial coverage.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?

Nothing I can think of this is the first issue I have ever had.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/15/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 2 years ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

What exactly is your question?

I don't know if this message is completely clear. I thought I was commenting on another post. The problem that I am having is that I only have heat on the drivers side of the vehicle. its been happening for a few months now and I did have someone look into it for me and they diagnosed the heating core issue but recommended I check my warranty and everything first. They are a very small company and basically could not take on this job for me. With the dropping temp it is getting worse and pretty unbearable to drive like this for any length of time. Now I am reading that this problem is extremely common in 2011-2014 models, under all different age and mileage and fixed by a new heating core and radiator. I spoke with a dealership that will take a look and said it may be possible for me to challenge the warranty coverage. I'm hoping you might be able to give me any info on this. The estimates I've seen look pretty daunting and if this is a known problem... well that's not really something I'm too happy about.

If you have heat only on one side you will first need to feel both heater hoses at the firewall to se if they are both hot. If yes you issue is inside the HVAC unit as in a blend door issue.. But if the heater hoses are not both equally hot then you have a circulation issue and I would see if you have sludge in the coolant jug and if so then the radiator and heater core will need to be replaced..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

ha well all of that already has been checked. and I do need a new heater core. I was told that I have to have this confirmed at a Chrysler dealership before I can argue coverage any further. I guess what I need to know is if this is a regular problem. Everything I have found so far says that it is.

Yes we have seen this issue a few times..

Have a great day,

Brad