Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Batt charged turn key and nothing happens
, ran fine…

Customer Question
Batt charged turn key...

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Ran fine Thru. sat won't start cheked batt full charge. when you turn the key dash lites go out but no chranking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Just charging batt to have a good charge

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?

It is 16 below 0

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
allthe lites,radio,horn etc work
is anybody there
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/14/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

That sounds like a loose connection and as soon as you demand more power for the starter which demands a lot, the connection fails causing the light to go out.

Begin by checking the battery terminal ends. Try to twist either by hand. If you can twist either it is too loose, tighten it up, then if they are tight move onto checking the ground first and then move onto checking the positive cable that feeds the starter and/or the fuse block, etc.

If it's that cold, you might not want to check any further that the battery terminals, the ground and what you can reach, until it either warms up, you can get that into a heated garage or have it in a shop that is warm, but if you want to continue, I would need to know the model and engine in order to look up wiring diagrams if it's not already what I mentioned.