Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000chrysler lhs leaking water and put new water

Customer Question
pump,themostat and radiator on it...
2000chrysler lhs leaking water and put new water pump,themostat and radiator on it cause it kept heating ,why is it leaking water now
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/13/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: roybelding, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

you need to pressure test the system to determine the leak. there are too many places that coolant can leak and guessing gets expensive and is usually wrong. you can rent a pressure tester at a parts store to determine the source. then we can guide you in repairing it

Roy

Its not coolant leaking its water leaking and alot

ok if it is water, then it gas nothing to do with radiator, water pump or thermostat. that is all coolant.

where is the water leaking at???

Roy

Front of car like in the middle

ok, that is coolant as I said before. you need to pressure test the cooling system as I stated before. can you see anything under the hood possibly at the top of the motor leaking coolant???

Roy

No but could it be the metal heater tube or the lower radiator hose is weak

thats why you need to to pressure test the system

It leaking around the crank
It's leaking around the cranck shaft pulley area

ok, it could be leaking down from the top area or the water pump.

did you pressure test it???

Roy

No don't have a pressure kit and had coolant in it and it poured straight back out on the ground

thats why I told you to go to a parts store and rent one. you leave a deposit and after you return it you get your money back

Roy

how are you making out

Roy

how are you making out

Roy

Took it to the shop for them to look at it

ok