Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I receive code p0303 on my 2006 chrysler town and country?

Customer Question
I receive code p0303...

I receive code p0303 on my 2006 chrysler town and country? any suggestons as to what i should do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The engine kind of running rough, then the light came on. other than that , it seems to run good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?

It has 230,000 miles, worked on the transmission last year, it ran very will until this came up yesterday

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/12/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
karrs2fix
karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician

P0303 indicates a misfire on cylinder #3 . What is the tune up history, spark plugs and plug wires? It is possible that replacing spark plugs and wires could solve the issue. There may be an issue with the ignition coil pack with that amount of miles on it? #3 cylinder is in the middle on the rear bank of the engine. It is difficult to access, You could remove and inspect the spark plug and wire for inspection. Looking for any burn marks on the upper section of plug or inside the plug wire.

If the misfiring is consistent you may want to remove the plug wire from #3 spark plug and verify there is spark at the plug with a spark tester from the ignition coil.

Were you able to do some further diagnosis. Spark plug or wire inspection, or do a major tune up?

Things going ok, did you have any further questions?