How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 522
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
Don 'Mo Lurch' is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a coolant hose on the front of the engine below the

Customer Question

i have a coolant hose on the front of the engine below the upper radiator hose. it seems to go from behind the water pump up into the block i think. the thin aluminum tube it attached to by the pump broke. can this be fixed? its a 97 plymouth voyager.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: can it be fixed?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ryan-CTech replied 1 year ago.

Yes absolutely it can be fixed. Your local parts store should have it in stock, or at least be able to order one in for you. Its called a "Water Pump Bypass Tube".

What size engine do you have? Some water pumps are run off of the timing belt on Dodge and Plymouth.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i believe its a 3.3 liter
Expert:  Ryan-CTech replied 1 year ago.

The hose you are referring to sounds like a heater hose. Dose it run into the fire wall?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says heater on it. it is on the front of the engine and is about 10 inches long.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
goes from right under upper radiator hose down to right behind the pump
Expert:  Ryan-CTech replied 1 year ago.

Yeah that's a heater hose outlet pipe.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looks like maybe the old one was metal and broke off and they put on a rubber one to replace it?
but left the 2 inch piece still attached.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats what broke off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i send a pic of where it was?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ryan-CTech replied 1 year ago.

Sorry buddy they are to blurry.