Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a coolant hose on the front of the engine below the…

Customer Question
I have a coolant...

I have a coolant hose on the front of the engine below the upper radiator hose. it seems to go from behind the water pump up into the block i think. the thin aluminum tube it attached to by the pump broke. can this be fixed? its a 97 plymouth voyager.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Can it be fixed?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/11/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Ryan-CTech, Chrysler Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
Ryan-CTech
Ryan-CTech, Chrysler Enthusiast
Experience: Technical-minded multi-skilled auto mechanic with over 10 years’ experience in all aspects of repairing, maintaining and servicing a diverse range of automobiles.

Yes absolutely it can be fixed. Your local parts store should have it in stock, or at least be able to order one in for you. Its called a "Water Pump Bypass Tube".

What size engine do you have? Some water pumps are run off of the timing belt on Dodge and Plymouth.

i believe its a 3.3 liter

The hose you are referring to sounds like a heater hose. Dose it run into the fire wall?

it says heater on it. it is on the front of the engine and is about 10 inches long.
goes from right under upper radiator hose down to right behind the pump

Yeah that's a heater hose outlet pipe.

looks like maybe the old one was metal and broke off and they put on a rubber one to replace it?
but left the 2 inch piece still attached.
thats what broke off.
hello?
can i send a pic of where it was?

Sorry buddy they are to blurry.