Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

93 Plymouth acclaim transmission runs great shifts good till…

Customer Question
93 Plymouth acclaim transmission runs...
93 Plymouth acclaim transmission runs great shifts good till you hit the break then it starts slipping
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/4/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris
Chris, Technician
If hitting the brake causes this slipping feel, then there may be a problem with the torque converter in the transmission. Stepping on the brake will cause the torque converter to come out of a lock up mode which it should, but not slip. You may want to have a shop check and if needed replace the torque converter.Chris
By the way, how long has it been since the transmission was serviced?
Chris
Chris
Chris
Chris, Technician