Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a '98 Chrysler Cirrus with 97,125 miles that I

Customer Question
purchased a year and a...
I have a '98 Chrysler Cirrus with 97,125 miles that I purchased a year and a half ago. I have been pouring money into it ever since. I just had the distributor replaced and while replacing the cam seals due to an oil leak, the mechanic noticed that the timing belt was flopping around and he was able to manually move/rotate the water pump without the timing belt touching it or moving. So, they replaced the timing belt, water pump, tensioner roller, hydraulic tensioner & cam shaft seals. With all that said, my car has a new problem that was was never there before I had all this work done. It has been randomly cutting off while driving around town but will start right up again. Also, while on the interstate it will jolt or jerk, the speedometer will drop 10-15 mph and the check engine light will come on. This only last for maybe 2-3 seconds, and then everything goes back to normal with the check engine light gone. Very scary when it does this. I brought my car back to the shop that performed all the work but they said because the check engine light would not come on, they could not tell me what is wrong as there is no code being returned to them. This has been occurring almost every day for over 2 weeks now. Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/2/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The check engine light comes on when the computer system sees a fault. In order to be able to try and help you determine what is failing the first thing you are going to need to do is have the computer system scanned to see what the fault code is that should be setting when the light comes on. Post back when you can and we can work from there.

Post back with the fault code and or codes and we can work from there.

In my original correspondence, I explained that the mechanic said my cars system was not showing any "code" so they are not able to figure this out. Then your reply was to send back the fault code, which I already explained there was non showing, so you could work on from your end. Not happy at all with the service I did not receive and had to pay for. Would like a refund if possible.

You are not charged unless you rate the service which you have not done. Unfortunately I need something to go on to help you with this. If the check engine light is coming on then the computer has to be setting a fault code.

Not sure why you say I am not charged unless I rate the service because my bank account was debited $5 and then $11 and has not been refunded or returned. Not happy at all.

I will post a refund for you if that what you need.