Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 chrysler pacifica. I am trying to remove the…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 chrysler...
I have a 2004 chrysler pacifica. I am trying to remove the drivers side cv axle from the trans. There is a collar around the inner joint housing which does not allow for a pribar between the trans and the housing. How do you get this out. The answer is not pry it out with a bar between the inner housing and the case.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
1/30/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Clayso, Master Automobile Technician replied 2 years ago
Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician

Hi Brad, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

You can remove the boot from the joint and then remove the axle and joint from the housing. With an adapter that goes on a slide hammer and then threads into a pair of vise grips. Grip the edge of the inner joints housing and use the slide hammer to pop the inner joint from the transaxle. The link below is a setup with vise grips and a slide hammer and the adapter separate.

Slide Hammer & Vise Grips

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.