Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I need a little help on a 2003 Town & Country It's draining

Customer Question
Hello I need a little...
Hello I need a little help on a 2003 Town & Country It's draining the battery. I found the climate control screen stays on all the time . Everything else shuts off with the key is in the off position. Now the blower does not run but the temperature is displayed at all times. After inspection that is the only thing I find that stays on. What do you think my problem is ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
1/29/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

From what you are describing, I am suspecting that the HVAC Control Head is not going to sleep causing the drain on the battery. This is easy to test, remove and disconnect all connectors from the HVAC Control Head. After that, check to see if there is still a draw on the battery. If the drain is now gone, the HVAC Module (A/C control head) has failed and will need to be replaced...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician