Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 sebring convertible with a 2.7L engine. I

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 sebring convertible with a 2.7L engine. I replaced the thermostat and the Coolant air bleeder top half with Mopar parts because it was leaking and over heating. It is still leaking from the bleeder housing and the heat only blows hot in the cabin while the car is moving.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My name is ***** ***** forgot that part :-)

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
1/28/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer. Where on the housing is it leaking? Where is fits into the pipe or where it bolts to the plenum?

Chris

It appears to be coming out the valve.
Could it be a bad heater core?
I actually had to add more coolant to the tank today after I thought it was full last night when it was finished.

If it is coming out of the valve, and the valve is screwed down, then you got a defective one and will need to take it back and get another one. If the heat works when the car is moving, then it is probably not a heater core. Most likely some air is still in the system. Try rechecking and filling the coolant tank again and then see if the heat starts working. If that bleeder valve still leaks, then get another housing. Let me know how it goes,

Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris