Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

, 2004 chrysler town and country limited AWD. 41,000

Customer Question
Customer: ***** ***** JA: Thanks...
Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2004 chrysler town and country limited AWD. 41,000 miles (actual). It has a slight shudder from 30 mph to 50 mph. almost like going over a soft rumble strip... not severe
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/24/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: b5demon, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
b5demon
b5demon, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Welcome to Just Answer! Where are you feeling the shudder? In the floor etc? Does it go away when you let off the accelerator?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The shudder is mostly in the seat. It is constant between 20-50 just like a rumble strip. I put the car into neutral at that speed and it was still there, as well as putting it into 3 so it didn't go into overdrive. It doesn't matter if i am coasting or accelerating. It doesn't really seem like a tire is out of balance. I just bought the car.

a tire out of balance in the rear could cause that so that is the first thing i would have checked. It could also be an issue with the all wheel drive system.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am worried about it being something with the AWD system. Are the extended warranties a good idea?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you think it could be with the AWD system? Have you seen it before?

Yes the extended warranty would be a great idea the all wheel drive systems are not cheap to repair. We do not see a lot of issues with them but every once in a while one has an issue

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I will do that. I notice there is ATF dripping on the ground in front of the driver side tire. I am guessing this is a transmission cooler line?

yes that is most likely a trans cooler line in that area

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is that an expensive job?

no the trans cooler lines are not that expensive to replaced. Should be around $200 depending on where you take it to get repaired.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Another question. The 3.8 is known to burn oil. I don't know if this one uses any, but what is a "normal" amount for it to use before being concerned?

a quart every 1,000 miles is considered normal oil consumption

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so much for your help!

No problem let me know if you need any help in the future

b5demon
b5demon
b5demon, ASE Certified Technician