Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 07 chrysler 300 has suddenly decided to stick in 1st gear…

Customer Question
My 07 chrysler 300...

My 07 chrysler 300 has suddenly decided to stick in 1st gear and wont change up. When I engage D or R the gearbox appears to "clunk" and the car jerks forward/backward slightly. Ive tried to reset by switching the engine off for 10 seconds etc but no luck. The car has done 56000 ***** *****. Any help would be much appreciated as I really like the car!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have looked online and the suggested remedies range from a new valve to a blown fuse.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/22/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 2 years ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

What codes are in the TCM? This is the first step in repairing your issues..

Talk soon,

Brad

There are no codes or engine warning lights showing

You will need a scantool to retrieve the codes from the TCM.. SInce it's stuck in 1st then there are codes in the TCM..

I hope this helps,

Brad