Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

, 2007 pacifica obd light is on do I need to panic

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2007 pacifica obd light is on do I need to panic
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I paid fee where is answer
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is Jerry and I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

No need to panic, it is most likely just sensing that something is not reading in the PCM as it should.

….

There are many areas in the power train controls that will make the light come on or flash. You will want to have the codes read to see what area the problem is in. Normally Autozone will read the codes for free and even tell you the area of concern, as well as clear the code out of the computer.

.

You will want to be sure that the fuel cap is tight. A loose cap will set an EVAC code in the PCM.

…..

The code(s) can only be cleared with a scan tool. Not only a parts store can clear it but any shop with a scan tool.

.

When we know the code(s) then we will have a better understanding as to what the cause may be.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Thanks

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

You’re welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks.

.

.

.