Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

, 2007 pacifica obd light is on do I need to panic

Customer Question
***** ***** Mechanic's...

***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

2007 pacifica obd light is on do I need to panic

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
ok I paid fee where is answer
1/21/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is Jerry and I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

No need to panic, it is most likely just sensing that something is not reading in the PCM as it should.

….

There are many areas in the power train controls that will make the light come on or flash. You will want to have the codes read to see what area the problem is in. Normally Autozone will read the codes for free and even tell you the area of concern, as well as clear the code out of the computer.

.

You will want to be sure that the fuel cap is tight. A loose cap will set an EVAC code in the PCM.

…..

The code(s) can only be cleared with a scan tool. Not only a parts store can clear it but any shop with a scan tool.

.

When we know the code(s) then we will have a better understanding as to what the cause may be.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Thanks

.

thank you very much

You’re welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks.

.

.

.