Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 200 limited with the 6. My horn goes off and stays…

Customer Question
I have a 200 limited...
I have a 200 limited with the 6. My horn goes off and stays on for no reason when I am driving. Yet when it is off and I press on the steering column to activate the horn it doesn't work. It beeps when I press the remote lock, and it beeps when I press remote start. It also works when I press the panic button. My airbag light also has been going on. What is the problem please?A
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/20/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hi there,

I would say the common issue is the airbag clockspring, (ribbon cable between the column and the airbag).

The dealer would look at the airbag data, and see the drivers airbag open circuit. It would have a code set for this.

Gary

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics