Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Same issue as everyone else 1997 sebring JXI car thinks its

Customer Question
Customer: Same issue as everyone...
Customer: Same issue as everyone else 1997 sebring JXI car thinks its being stolen how do I by pass alarm permanently
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its my girlfriend car she will be driving and it will just shut down if she lets it set anywhere from and hour to over night it will start and run fine for a few weeks then do it all over again. A shop and a dealer said the alarm thinks the car is being stolen and shutting it down they want $1,000 to put a new one in or 1,000 to remove the old one entirely and by pass it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
1/20/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Is the alarm a factory alarm or a aftermarket add on?

Normally the vehicles security system will not shut down a vehicle while driving.

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics