Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

My son and I were installing a radio in s 2005 Chrysler

Customer Question
My son and I were...
My son and I were installing a radio in his 2005 Chrysler Sebring and somehow we must have crossed some yellow , black wires and caused a "no bus" on the instrument panel. Can't believe installing a radio could do this but he has no guages or odometer? It seems to relate to the BCD Control Module. What a PIA but the radio works!!! The self test on the guages checked out OK. I was hoping it was just a fuse but all looks good on the 10 , 15 and 20 fuses. Could it be one of the bigger square black fuse blocks?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
1/18/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer. You must have caused a short in the CAN bus communication network. If you accidentally tapped into the bus wires, then that will happen. Do this: disconnect the radio and see if the gauges come back. Let me know.

Chris

This is a poor answer and I will call my credit cad company and try to get my money back. I did disconnect the radio and the guages did not come back. You offered absolutely NO solutions to my problem. Here is a FREE answer I got from Ebay and was hoping for something better from a PAID answer.I owned a stereo shop for 16 years... he prob blew a fuse. On the square ones... cube looking... just shine a flash light into them.. you will see small metal ring...if it's blown you can see the ring broken. If you are talking about the small rectangular ones... it's easiest to check with a meter or test light with key in the on/run position. you just touch the test light/meter on each side of the fuse.. there is a little opening in the plastic to insert the probe.Also.... on those block fuses... if you can't get a good look.... just use your cell phone to take a video up close.. and watch the video.I would give blown fuse 95% chance. Check the engine compartment fuse box as well.
please refund my credit card I am NOT satisfied !!
What a RIPOFF , I though you charged $5 and if I was satisfied then the $31., Now you want $36 for this pitiful response. I am not satisfied with this terrible canned answer.

Whoah, hold on. I work for a Chrysler dealer and know first hand that if the CAN bus circuit is compromised (shorted) that you will get a "no bus" message. I have NEVER EVER seen a blown fuse cause the No bus message and inop gauges. If it were a fuse for the cluster, then it simply would not work at all and the no bus would NOT be displayed. Now I underfstand your frustration, but let me help you figure this out. Did you use a stereo harness adaptor kit to interface with the factory wiring?

Chris

Below I have provided a DropBox link. It contains the radio's 22 way connector information. Copy and paste that link into your browser's address bar and hit enter. Look at the diagram and locate the PCI bus circuit in terminal # ***** Do you have any wires connected to that wire?

Chris

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics