Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

, My son has broken the sub frame on s 2001 pt cruiser.

Customer Question

Customer: Hello,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My son has broken the sub frame on his 2001 pt cruiser. I can not find out how to tell the difference between a 4 bolt and a 6 bolt. can you tell me the location of the one that is 6 bolt I think I have figure out the 4 bolt
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

So far I found this diagram,

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Here is another,

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I also have this,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mike,
I sincerely ***** ***** the delay.Thank you for the diagrams, unfortunately they did not answer my question. At this time I am unable to fully lift or jack up the car to look under it at the subframe to see the location of the mounting bolts to determen if the k frame is a 4 bolt or 6 bolt. I was hoping to find some information/diagram that would give the exact location/show the location so that I might use an inspection mirror to check the locations without lifting the car and so that I can obtain all necessary parts prior to beginning. The car is not actually at my location and I will be trying to "look" through "facetime" with my son, to find the location of the bolts, as he doesn't have a way to lift the car. Any additional information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. The car is a 2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition. Thank you.
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

there is on;y one frame [cross member] for your year model.

i will give you complete info on how to replace it,this will be all of the info that we have

thanks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7r18jxuls543o5/0122-pt-FRONT%20CROSSMEMBER.doc?dl=0&preview=0122-pt-FRONT+CROSSMEMBER.doc

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/w7r18jxuls543o5/0122-pt-FRONT%20CROSSMEMBER.doc?dl=0&preview=0122-pt-FRONT+CROSSMEMBER.doc

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help