Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 2010 chrysler sebring the car is in park acording

Customer Question
Hi i have a 2010...
Hi i have a 2010 chrysler sebring the car is in park acording to the grear shit but on the dash board shows in reverse so i cant start the car
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
1/16/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician replied 2 years ago
Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is Vlad.

It sounds like you have a problem with your shifter. This model used to have some problem with a plastic lever inside the shifter and it usually results in inability to move it out of the park due to shift interlock system.

If you can move shifter in neutral , then you should be bale to start.

It is also worth to check the shift cable that might have just came off of a bracket or something like this.

let me know about your findings

well i was able to move the shifter but it wont come off gear, also it shows is in reverse but i can push and move the car like if was in neutral

You can push car in any gear but the Park.

if your shifter moves easily, then it is likely you have a problem with the shifting cable that either came off of the lever or just broken. I would open the hood and check if cable moves itself and if it moves the transmission shift lever when somebody moves the shifter inside the car.

thanks

Vladgmru
Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician