Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

Put the battery in a 2004 chrysler 300m backwards, now

Customer Question

put the battery in a 2004 chrysler 300m backwards, now showing error code P1684. what do i need to do to fix
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it seems i already have an account setup, but dont remember my password. it says it sent it to my email but nothing has shown up.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is Vlad.

This trouble code just indicates that the battery was disconnected at some stage, it does not indicate any problem. It can usually be erased with appropriate diagnostic scan tool but there is no need to do it as it does not affect your engine or transmission operation at all. This trouble code will never trigger check engine light so there must be another code set.

If this trouble code comes back as soon as you erase it, then maybe it is worth to check all fuses as when you connect the battery wrong way, it will usually blows fuses at least , and the worse scenario could be damaged electronic modules.