How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask sprinkles08 Your Own Question
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 22668
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
sprinkles08 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. Issue is a 2005 Grand Caravan 3.3

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****. Issue is a 2005 Grand Caravan 3.3 coolant leak on the engine side of the water pump.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There is a a coolant leak on the back (engine) side of the water pump. When you look at it from underneath- there is a metal stem that comes out - it seems to be rusted through- I don't know what it is called, where to get it for replacement. It is not the radiator side pipe or hose,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

can you upload a photo of the leaky pipe so I can get a better idea of the part

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a photo of it.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

without a picture I can only guess so I will have to opt out and see if another expert can help, there are too many parts back there to guess on the one without a photo

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like you need a timing cover. There is coolant tube that runs along the back of the block which connects to a nipple at the back of the timing cover in the water pump area. If it's the nipple in the timing cover that has come out then the timing cover will need to be replaced. A replacement timing cover would need to come from a dealer or you may be able to pick up a used one from a salvage yard.

Related Chrysler Questions