rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

The passenger seat is stuck in the position to put in stow

Customer Question

The passenger seat is stuck in the position to put in stow away used the leaveer to get to the back of the seat now I can't get it raise the back of the seat for sitting position need to get it back up
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The latch is stuck to the striker and needs to be released either by forcing the seat downward while releasing the latch, or try spraying WD-40 on the latch to lubricate it. If you can't get with this procedure, try driving down to any shop and see if they will release it for you. I doubt they will charge you to do that.

Thanks, Ron