Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I think you might be able to help me. How much do your

Customer Question

Hello, i think you might be able to help me. How much do your services cost?
I have a 99 Voyager 2.4L automatic trans which will not crank or start.
Problem began with suspected bad battery which gave false "Alarm Set" display resulting in 3 starts, run 3 sec then stop as if anti-theft was engaged. 4th attempt resulted in no crank and ABS lamp permanently on.
New battery installed. Still no crank.
Turn on the ignition, warning lights come on, fuel pump can be heard doing its thing just fine. All things seem to function on instrument panel except odometer and PRNDL.
All relays tested fine. IOD fuse is ok.
We took off the plastic cover on the Starter relay and manually engaged it to test the start motor. It cranks fine, nut still won't start.
We think we've eliminated the Neutral Safety Switch as the reverse lights come on when in reverse. Also no difference when moving gear shift while trying to crank. Everything else seems to work fine in the car.
After reading
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I have seen issues where the instrument cluster printed circuit board can short out and cause this condition (prevents communication with the PCM (engine computer) and BCM (Body computer). Try this: remove the instrument cluster and disconnect the connector on the back of it. Now see if it will start. let me know.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris