Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I got 1998-2000 DODGE STRATUS can I bypass the alarm? I lost

Customer Question
I got 1998-2000 DODGE STRATUS...
I got 1998-2000 DODGE STRATUS can I bypass the alarm ? I lost the remote bit I have the key
Do I must have a remote or there a way to emergency start the car?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/1/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

If the vehicle is stock, only the key is needed for the security system. In your case it sounds like there is an aftermarket system on the car, thus the reason to need the remote to disable it. Look under the drivers side of the dash for an out of place module and wiring. If its not a Dodge part then remove it and fix all the wire splices and it should then be fine.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

The door lock disarming the system on the driver side was not working the lock switch may broke off , the passenger door lock works and that was disarming ,
Thanks

Thanks for the additional info on the faulty door lock. Since you now know what is to blame, do you need more assistance?

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician