FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

My 2009 Chrysler Aspen Hybrid just stalled while driving. I

Customer Question

My 2009 Chrysler Aspen Hybrid just stalled while driving. I was able to coast to a stop, turn it off and restart it, but it has me worried. The Engine Malfunction Light (EMI) came on when it stalled, and came on again and stayed on when restarted.
Please advise...I have less than 40,000 miles on it and have never experienced any issues.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Most of the time this is caused by a connection issue with the high speed communication lines. It is not always easy to diagnose. If the check engine light is on I would start by having the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. If you have this done and bring me the codes I can tell you better what is actually going on.