sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2002 Sebring conv. ltd. dash lights work at ramdom
,

Customer Question

Customer: 2002 Sebring conv. ltd. dash lights work at ramdom
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just sometimes when you turn on the head lights the dash lights work or not.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes if it is a DIY fix
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If all illumination has an issue at the same time then the multifunction switch and body controller are likely causes. I've seen issues with these switches causing erratic interior lighting, moving the dimmer while the problem is acting up may allow the lights to work again if it's a switch issue.

If none of the illumination works then the BCM may not be supplying power on the circuit.

If the problem is just with the instrument cluster though, which looks to be the case, then the problem is most likely in the instrument cluster. What would need to be done is remove the cluster and test for power on the orange wire with the lights on at the time the illumination was not working. If power is present then the issue is internal in the instrument cluster.