Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

My 2005 Pacifica goes into limp mode on occasion, II I turn

Customer Question
it off on restart it...
My 2005 Pacifica goes into limp mode on occasion, II I turn it off on restart it it works fine again. I took it to the shop and they wanted to rebuild the trans. I feel this is purely electrical, not transmission, any help on the matter?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer. Did the shop tell you what the transmission diagnostic trouble codes are that is causing it to go into limp in?

Chris

No,they had the car 3 days, said they were having difficulty figuring out my problem. And insisted that the transmission code that showed up required a new transmission or rebuild. If this is true why does it work fine after in turn it off and restart it. Plus this was over a year ago. It just started to do it more often.

Get a second opinion. I think that it is a sensor or transmission solenoid problem.

Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

In helpful, I have already made that assumption and got a second opinion. But I am not satisfied with your responses.or those from the shops I took them to. Top vague

I understand, but if you are able to get the codes I can be more precise as to what solenoid or sensor may be causing this. Since you cannot tell me the codes it is tough to diagnose at my end. Make sense? My answers and suggestions are only as good as the information you provide to me. If you can somehow get the codes, then I can futher help you.

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Technician