sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I need a key to my 2005 PT Cruiser tonight. Please call me.

Customer Question

I need a key to my 2005 PT Cruiser tonight. Please call me. I am parked illegally. It's Christmas eve. Have a good one,but please take the time to call me soon.510(###) ###-####!!!! God bless you and by family.!!!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Any dealer or locksmith can cut a key to get in the door using the VIN and proof of ownership. If you need a key to start the engine and have the SKIM system (thick gray headed key) then the key needs to be programmed to the car before it will start, which will require scan tool programming at the car once the key is cut. Many locksmiths will be able to do this but not all.

If you can give me your ZIP code I can help to locate a locksmith or dealer in your area.