rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2007 pt cruiser battery light comes on when driving...

Customer Question

Customer: 2007 pt cruiser battery light comes on when driving... sometime come on 5 min after startup. battery is good alternator is working..
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the battery light on the dash board comes on and does not goes out unless you restart the car. It will just come on when driving.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

A problem is brewing, you're just getting pre-warnings right now. The complete starting and charging system does need to be checked. Either the battery is beginning to get weak, or the alternator is not charging to it's full potential.

Thanks, Ron