rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2007 total electrical power failure. Battery is good. Where

Customer Question

2007 total electrical power failure. Battery is good. Where do
i start?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

As long as you're absolutely positive the battery is good, then you need to check the battery cables at both ends. You also need to check the junction/fuse box under the hood near the battery. It may be necessary to remove this box and check underneath it for corrosion or chewed wiring from animals.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All seems to be ok. Don't know how to check the connection to the bottom of the fuse block. Have the block pulled up and can see the connection, but am afraid to try to disconnect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are 2 relays next to the ECM. Would either of them have to do with the problem?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

No, that won't stop power to everything. They have to get power first before they can work too. It has to be in the main cable too that box then, look for a fusible link.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep our link in case you need me again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is continuity from the positive to the box. Where would I look for a fusible link?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

There will be a wire from the positive side of the battery. They are also sometimes incorporated in the positive cable.

Thanks again, Ron