Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a code p0303 on my 2001 Chrysler town and country,

Customer Question
new spark plugs and wires...
I have a code p0303 on my 2001 Chrysler town and country, new spark plugs and wires and coil
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
12/15/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 2 years ago
Reggie Whiddon

Hello I am Reggie and thanks for the question. This code, do you have a dead skip on cylinder 3 and do you suspect no spark as your problem. OR is the code settting and you are not seeing any running problems

it is running rough, I clear the code and it comes back on within 5-10 minutes of running
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 2 years ago

Okay we have a skip on 3. Are there any other codes? One problem i see with this system is and I know this is not what you want to hear is with the pcm this system does not have a ignition control module the pcm does the grounding of the coil on using drivers sometimes these fail and want pulse that coil. But we need to make sure spark is yuor problem. Do you have a compression gauge, spark tester or vacuum gauge??

no, we did put a new ground wire on the vehicle, this started after that.
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 2 years ago

Why was the ground wire replaced?

for an interm no start
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 2 years ago

And this started after that?

Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 2 years ago

I have thought and thought whst could hAve happened and I can't put a connection. How far in this diagnosis can you go? Because we've got limited tools.

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics