Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I am having a tranny problem. When I reversed my van would

Customer Question
Hi I am having a...
Hi I am having a tranny problem. When I reversed my van would not go in drive afterward. Turned van off and restarted shifted slowly and went in gear. Motor mount and tranny mount was replaced both were broke. Making loud whining noise when accelerating and when hit third gear it was like rpms were free spinning. Did comp diagnostic and got codes p0700 p0733 and p0736. Do you think it is time to replace tranny??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
12/13/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician

What has happened is your transmission has and internal loss of pressure, (most likely a broken direct clutch pack seal) Yes unfornility it will have to be rebuilt, They will need to replace all internal and external seals, as well as clutches and also recommend clutch steels also be replaced, Thanks. Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue

Mastertech1
Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician