Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I just replaced a heater core on 2012 Chrysler 200. After

Customer Question
completion the car started and...
I just replaced a heater core on 2012 Chrysler 200. After completion the car started and ran 1-2 seconds then shut off. Security light is flashing, has dtc p0513, invalid key detected. Is it possible I damaged the WCM? If I left something disconnected, shouldn't I have more dtc's?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago
Reggie Whiddon

Disconnect both battery cables tie together after a minute cycle key all positions then key off another minute reattach cables to battery, start car.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well unfortunately we have proceeded with replacing the WCM. Waiting on a locksmith to come and cut keys and program. Is it too late to put old WCM in car and try the steps you told me?
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

No please do it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We already had a guy come and program WCM and 2 keys. Car runs fine. Thank you greatly. I wish I had asked you before all this! Too late to go back now
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

I wish you would have to. At least your running. If I was any help at all kindly give me a posite rating

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics