Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair. Chrysler Certified
24034660

My 05 Chrysler Pacific is turning itself back on after the

Customer Question

My 05 Chrysler Pacific is turning itself back on after the key is took out. It's coming on as if it's in the Acc position. Which is draining my battery. Someone told me it could be my car alarm battery going bad. I'm thinking my switch is going out.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the doors are lock. And it comes back on. It sets the car alarm off.
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello: The issue you are having is an issue with the ignition switch, (a bad switch,You are correct) If it was an alarm issue it would apply voltage only the run position (this is the point of contact for alarm systems, the point that allows for the engine running, so it can shut down vehicle so it cant be stolden) Yes, you need to replace the ignition switch, Thanks, ***** ***** me know if I can be of any other assistance to you.