How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dan Your Own Question
Dan, Technician
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 24211
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
Dan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The lower tube is missing from the egr valve on my 2004

Customer Question

Hello, the lower tube is missing from the egr valve on my 2004 Chrysler pacifica. The vehicle now sounds like a motorcycle everytime I accelerate I've been trying to find the part and its merely impossible to find even in junk yards. can I plug those holes? or what will be the consequences if I do? or don't?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** holes will be fine but your check engine light will come on because EGR system will be bypassed. Another option would be to have exhaust shop see if they can custom weld a new tube in place. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.