sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Have 2013 Chrysler 200 interior lights won't work when

Customer Question

have 2013 Chrysler 200 interior lights won't work when operated manually will work when you open the doors
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Is this the Limited, S, LX or Touring and does this have the 2.4 or 3.6 engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lx and 3.6
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Which fuses exactly did you check?

These are the fuses that should be checked as follows, the fuses #28 and #14 in the totally integrated power module which is located left side of the engine compartment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
14is fine and hot all the time #28 shows to be good only hot when the engine is running
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only thing that doesn't work is the interior lights off the manual switches they work fine when you open the doors
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Honestly, I don't know how to diagnose this, because of the complex setup of that system. I would suggest though that ou have the computer codes retrieved from all the modules, but I am going to opt out at this point because I don't know anything further to add.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The map lights get power from the same circuit as the vanity lamps in the mirrors. Do the vanity lamps work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what r u calling vanity lights ? The only thing that doesn't work r the interior lights in the roof front and back when using the manual switches, They work fine when u open the doors.

The vanity lights are in the mirrors. The vanity lights are powered by the same circuit as the map lights, the ones you're having trouble with.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vanity light on the driver side works when running the vanity light on passenger side doesn't

When running? The engine doesn't have to be running for the vanity lights to work. The one that does work only works with the engine running?