Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My Chrysler Sebring LXI 1999 was running rough so I replaced

Customer Question

My Chrysler Sebring LXI 1999 was running rough so I replaced the ignition coil pack then the car started stalling running no longer than 5 mins at a time. When it dies you have to wait a min before it will start again then it runs 3 mins it runs shorter times each time you try to go. Can you tell me what that is. I ve been told the fuel filter.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is usually a symptom of a failing fuel pump. Try to see if you can keep vehicle running when spraying fuel into throttle body, if so this also points toward fuel pump problem. To be 100% sure you will want to do a fuel pressure test to verify pressure is dropping and makes sure pump has good power/ground. This is around a $300 job to have replaced at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or would like replacement instructions. Thanks.