How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask sprinkles08 Your Own Question
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 23107
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
sprinkles08 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Chrysler 200 Convertible Deck Lid replacement: Problem: When

Customer Question

Chrysler 200 Convertible Deck Lid replacement: Problem: When the trunk was damaged, the top was down. The replacement Deck Lid (trunk) when removed from the salvalged car had the top in the "down" position.
Question: How do I get the celenoids switched between Deck Lids without damaging the cables going into them. Or an alternative solution would be to know how to trip them or power them to get them to move from "top up" mode to "top down" mode?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have two possible successful outcomes: Either I figure out a way to power them temporarily without adversely affect the sync of the sequence of the electronics.
Or, do I remove the cable going into the celenoid or motor in the 3rd photo on far right, but not sure how to do this without damaging the motor shown in #3 photo.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need #1 in the position that #2 is in.I can do this either by turning on the power, which I'm afraid to do because of the motor being in the opposite position of #2, or by swapping out the "motor/lift" assembly...but how does the cable come out of the motor shown in #3?I hope this is a better way to ask the question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The easiest and only really recommended way to move any of the top related components manually would be with a scan tool. All components can be forced to move with an actuator test. Do you have a scan tool that will communicate with the power top control module?