Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Left sliding door on my 2001 van wont fully close in cold

Customer Question

Left sliding door on my 2001 van wont fully close in cold weather (<100 degr F.). It works in hot weather most of the time. The cinch mechanism runs, but quits and door is slightly ajar. Acts like an interlock is not satisfied. Right hand sliding door
works great off the switch on the column between front and sliding door, or overhead panel.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing could be caused by the door not being proper adjusted and Chrysler has released a service bulletin to assist in checking and adjusting the door if needed. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open the file. Have a look and see if this will help you get the problem resolved.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sliding%20door%20Nov%2028.pdf