FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

2009 PT cruiser dash needles flip flop back and forth, ALL

Customer Question

2009 PT cruiser dash needles flip flop back and forth, ALL dash light come on. Occasional shut down but restarts. this happens every other trip out.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Most of the time this is either due to a bad connection at the battery, or more commonly a failing ignition switch. I would make sure that the connections at the battery are clean and tight. If they are then the problem is more than likely in the ignition switch. It can be difficult to find the problem if it does not occur while testing it. Please let me know if you need more help.