Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

2001 PT Cruiser runs, dies while turning corners, hard to

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. 2001 PT Cruiser runs rich, dies while turning corners, hard to keep running even for a couple blocks.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A shop hooked up a scanner to it. Two cylinders misfiring but can't remember which ones. One opinion was timing belt issue. Shop that looked at it said it wasn't the timing belt but couldn't figure oyt the problem. They did claim they fixed the dying problem but didn't. Car died five times driving it about two miles to get it home. Shop refuses to look at it without more money.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When the shop scanned it did they tell you what the fault code and or codes where that it was setting, post back with them if you have them and we can work from there. If you do not have them then stop by your local Auto Zone and they will scan the system for you at no charge and retrieve them for you . Post back with the results and we can work from there.