FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

My 2008 town & country with a 308 gasoline engine, 94,000

Customer Question

My 2008 town & country with a 308 gasoline engine, 94,000 miles is using oil. Oil pressure good, no drips and no smoke from exhaust. Engine runs good, still has pick up and go power. Have not pulled plugs yet. Where is the oil going?? All other fluid levels check OK.
Plus no oil streaks under car. Example New oil change about 2 to 3 weeks after oil change the oil was showing only on the tip of the dip stick. Where did it go??
1. Check and make sure the oil change shop did put oil in the engine.
2. Have the engine rebuilt (Wife loves the car)
3 Start looking for another car.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. It is common for this engine to burn some oil. I would start by changing the oil and verifying it is full. Then monitor if it is losing oil every week. If it is then 99% of the time it is caused by leaking valve stem seals. They leak just enough to burn oil but it burns in the catalytic converter and does not smoke. If the PCV system is not functioning correctly the. This can occur also. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more assistance.