Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My 206 Chrysler 300c vibrates, shudders at speed 25 - 45

Customer Question

my 206 Chrysler 300c vibrates, shudders at speed 25 - 45 mph, when braking turning and sometime when turning steering wheel at standstill. It can be felt in steering wheel, brake/gas pedal. Had tire replaced, balanced and wheel alignment, rotors changed, transmission checked and serviced, and tension bars??replaced. Taken it to personal mechanic, pep boys and lastly Chrysler dealer. Help!!!!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** problem happens at a standstill this would point toward a problem with the power steering. Does problem happen all the time or intermittently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan, the situation with the power steering is rare. But the vibrations and shuddering has gotten worse. In the morning, when first driving the car do not vibrates and shudder until I apply the brakes then it vibrates so hard the dashboard shakes, then it lessen but is still, strongly felt. Then, strangely, when I apply the brakes again- the vibrations stops as long as I,am applying the brakes- then it goes back to vibrating and shuddering strongly. At times the problems seem to be in the brakes, other times its seem to be in the AWD, other times perhaps the transmission- but it has been checked and serviced and it does not run hot nor do I feel any type of slipping. Man, I hope someone can figure out my problem. This car is my dream, and a beautiful car. The engine runs wonderfully, the exterior looks new- only 96,000 miles. I'am retiring in one year and I want to get about 50,000 more mile out of her. I have spent over $2,000 trying to get my baby well. I've her to my mechanic, Pep Boys and the Chrysler dealership- was told need new tires (though they appeared in great shape), warped rotors and need brake job,need tension arms, tire rods, transmission serviced. Help, Help, Help.