Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon,
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

How do I change timing belt need todo it today do you need

Customer Question

how do I change timing belt need todo it today do you need to remove the motor to do it
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

Since you seem to be pressed for time, I just wanted to make you aware of the fact that replacing the timing belt on a PT is a labor-intensive process which normally takes a professional technician from 5 to 6 hrs working with the vehicle on a lift (longer if it's a Turbo and has A/C). Depending on your skill level and access to the necessary tools and equipment, it may take you considerably longer. Are you OK with that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE BELT NEEDS CHANGING AND MY HUBAND GOT IT OFF HE THINKS HE NEED TO REMOVE TE MOTOR FIRST HE HAS BEN OUT THERE SINCE NINEAM PLEASEPLEASE HELP

The motor does not need to come off. I can help with technical information, but not being there to see what's been done I would either need a very detailed description or some good photos. Can you get me either?

Optionally, I could send you an additional service offer that would allow me to spend more time guiding your husband through a systematic process. Would you like that instead?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How to replace timing belt...there is something in the way.
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hello u still need help