Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

My 1999 Chrysler Sebring convertible does not crank and

Customer Question
start. Battery is new starter...
My 1999 Chrysler Sebring convertible does not crank and start. Battery is new starter is also new, Please Help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
My phone # *****(###) ###-####
10/27/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

What liter engine do you have?

What trim level is your car?

Is the theft light on or flashing with the key on?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

i have an 1999 Chrysler sebring jxi v6 2.5 engine. i have a no crank no start. i check the fuses and they are good. also, checked the starter and it is good. i checked the solenoid wire and there was no voltage. i did see a flashing light near the temperature gauge. i'm sure that it is an alarm system. i'm not sure were the alarm is and how to check it.

Remove the starter relay from the power distribution center.

There should be one pin always powered (battery voltage)

When trying to start there should be another pin powered.

That leaves 2 pins left, one to the starter and one to the PCM.

When starting the PCM needs to ground one pin to the relay.

Let me know the results of these tests?

Hello There,
Can you please tell me where to go to disconnect the alarm system. There is great chance for that to be the problem.
I was trying to be in contact with you, unfortunately I did not receive your call.

I do not diagnose cars over the phone, I see your request and it appears no others wanted to fulfill it either. I can do text answer though if you want. Is this an OEM or aftermarket alarm you want to disconnect? If you disconnect an OEM alarm it will not start.

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician