Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

My name is ***** ***** I'm working on a 2005 PT cruiser with

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** I'm working on a 2005 PT cruiser with a intermitten no start problem. I have tested the following, on the starter I jumped battery post to starter wire and starter ingaged. Next I took out the starter relay and tested between Terminals 30 and 87 starter did not work. Then I used a test light and tested 85 and 86 for power, the yellow wire had power. The other did not. tested it for ground it failed test. I took out the engine compartment fuse box to check wires could not find any bad. what do I need to do now. Thanks Jim
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My sister had the motor replaced about to months ago and problems started after that. One more thing it will not start if jumped by a nother car, but when I use my 200 amp booster it starts fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common cause for a no crank condition on the PT is if the system can not read the key which would mean you have a problem with the sentry Key Immobilizer (SKIM) Key. In most cases if that is the case the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes, before you do any more testing can you scan the computer and see if there are any fault codes setting, post back with the results and I will see if I can help you get this resolved.