sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My name is ***** ***** and i just did the head gasket on my

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and i just did the head gasket on my 2001 cruiser 2.4 it try to start but don't stay running. It seem that the injectors squirt gas when you open the ignition it runs for few seconds.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the car try to start but don't stay running.What i may have done wrong'
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The first thing I would suspect is improper cam timing since this happened as a result of having the head off.

Are any fault codes setting?

Can you explain how cam timing was set?