Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 chrysler 300c with a hemi, I am getting 4

Customer Question

I have a 2005 chrysler 300c with a hemi, I am getting 4 error codes, p1521, p0406, u0103.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

I need to know a little more. Are you asking for the sign steps for these codes? Have you done anything so far like diag or repairs? Any noticed running issues?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need help figuring out the code u0103. I know it is the shifter mod not responding. but why?

Thanks, ***** ***** scan tool, check for communication with the Electric Shift Module (ESM). Check the voltages at the Shifter Lever Assembly (SLA), Pink wire has battery voltage with the key on and the Black/White wire is ground. The CAN "C" bus voltages on the White/Light Green and White/Light Blue, each wire should have between 2.4 to 2.6 volts. Normally this code means the shifter has a broken part or the ESM in faulty.

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris