Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My 300c Chrysler makes a popping noise when I apply the

Customer Question

My 300c Chrysler makes a popping noise when I apply the brakes to stop and when I let off the brakes, My car also trembles in the front end when I try to stop on the high way. What is causing this to happen?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Your front lower or forward lower control arm bushings are worn out.

We have 6 chargers and 5 300s in our fleet and we have replaced the front lower control arms on all of them except one, but it only has 6000 miles. Do you plan to replace them yourself? It's not terribly hard, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to do an alignment afterwards.

We have found that a new company called MevoTec has come out with an improved lower control arm design for this car that works really well. The bushing is replaced with an additional ball-joint style pivot that causes much less stress on the control arm.

I can get you pictures of the re-engineered part if you would like.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Also, don't forget to give a positive rating (that's how we experts get paid).

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate. Thanks!

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to see if you need more help. Please don't forget to rate.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Please don't forget to rate. They don't pay us if we don't get a positive rating.